I have to confess -- I borrowed the idea from Aedes de Venustas. I know it's horrible Latin, but it sounds much prettier than "Domus Philothea," which as far as this Latin non-speaker can tell, would have been more correct. In any case, I'm claiming artistic license.
What does it mean? Roughly, "House of a soul in love with God." This could mean my body or my actual house, and this blog will cover both. Boring as that sounds, I hope it will be useful to someone (namely me) to chronicle and catalog my efforts to bring order to my life and home as a twenty-five year old Catholic wife and mother of a two year old.
I'll be sharing all the little things I do day by day to turn my house (and my own self) from a den of chaos, clutter and dirty laundry into a serene, ordered and holy environment in which my husband and I can find solace and in which our son and any other children God chooses to bless us with can grow in health and peace.
Those who visit Aedes de Philothea will find prayers, links to resources, examples of how I use those resources, photos, calendars, shopping lists, recipes and all manner of random thoughts on creating a sense of holy calm and order in one's self and in one's home.
Welcome!
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment